Monday, September 24, 2007

Letter to the Boss after an India - Pakistan match

*Personal Photograph. Not to be used without consent.

Letter to the Boss after an India - Pakistan match
Dear Sir,

Sub: Asking for leave when I know for a fact that I am the last one who deserves it.

Due to unavoidable circumstances, such as the match yesterday, which really got me drunk. I will be not be able to make it to office today. Common sir, please understand the situation, how do you expect India to win a world cup final? I know it is 20-20 but, when 90-90 goes inside, how the hell can you expect me to come to office. I have a list of my friends who are also taking leave on this eventful day. Even they work in a reputed firm just like ours.
Sir, when I am back to work tomorrow, I still want my job. Because the Indian team will get all the incentive and million dollar endorsement deals. But, I have to still depend on just my salary and it’s too late to get into the Indian team now.

Yours eternal faithful employee,
Leo

Note:
All characters in this letter are fictional characters. The person who wrote this letter and his group of friends are very efficient and committed to their respective employers and have promptly come to office today.

When do you get sweets from a total stranger on the road? After India wins a world cup match against Pakistan. That’s exactly what happened to me yesterday; a bunch of total strangers stopped me on the way back to my house and gave me a pack of sweets.

I don’t know whether you love cricket or not. But if that units us, why not I SAY.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really nice write-up.... Humour plus reality check - adds to the fun in reading it. Damn nice, Lukkose ;)

busy-writer said...

haha!! :D funny!

oh yea, ppl here, were walkin abt on the roads distributin sweets too.. i guess, in the xcitement u forget all the religion crap n unite as one.. :-)

too bad its only temporary!

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

hey really cool wrk yaar....

Abraham said...

I figured that this would definitely come up.... fun writing makes a real good read...
really nice one....

Jyotsna said...

nice post ... not too far from reality too.
i do know of companies that closed early so that the employees could go home in time to watch the match!
there was no traffic on the roads and everyone was in a jubilant mood the next day! I say we need more Ind-Pak matches!!

gypsy said...

very nice write up...

m nt a follower of cricket, but of late i realised it truly unites the country!!!

Pass on your comments...

Please don't forget to leave your comments...

leave your comments here or mail me at leosevents@gmail.com